- 30th Anniversary of the Voyager 1 flyby of Io - Summary of the encounter along with an animation of the encounter.
- More on the 30th Anniversary of the Voyager 1 Encounter - Summary from "Voyage to Jupiter" on encounter day, March 5, 1979
- Voyager 1 Southern Hemisphere Mosaic - Mosaic of the southern half of Io's sub-Jupiter hemisphere
- 30th Anniversary of the Discovery of Volcanism on Io
- Taking another look at Voyager 1 images of Io - More mosaic I created last year from Voyager 1 images
- A Final Look Back at Voyager 1 at Io - A summary of the results from the encounter
Friday, March 5, 2010
Today is the 31st Anniversary of the Voyager 1 spacecraft flyby of Io. Last year, I wrote a retrospective series on this encounter, the images acquired, and the discovery of active volcanism on Io: