- As reported today, the results of a peer review of the NASA Outer Planets Flagship mission studies were posted online with Europa being the big winner and Enceladus being cut from consideration. The next round of studies will include ESA as partner for both a Titan mission concept and a combined Europa/Jupiter System mission concept.
- Kiluaea experienced its first explosive eruption this week after a solfatara was observed in the Halema`uma`u crater atop the volcano that has been active for 25 years.
- Arthur C. Clarke, author of 2001: A Space Odyssey and Rendezvous with Rama, died this week at the age of 90.
- Several papers were published this week, including one on the Io footprint auroral glows on Jupiter.
- I started work on processing some of the scrambled images from I24, putting them together into mosaics that really have gotten wide circulation.
- Moses Milazzo had a party.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
This week was surprisingly busy. Flagship Mission news. More images processed. Kiluaea fun. Oh My!